This trip is based on one day orangutan trek, with the difference that transport from and to Medan is included. In the morning start from your hotel in Medan at around 7am for travel to Bukit Lawang, spend the day trek in the jungle with designed to give you a brief taster of what the jungle has to offer including (hopefully) orangutans in their natural habitat.
7 am: Our guide will meet you at your hotel/other point in Medan, and you will drive to Bukit Lawang.
9 am: Arrive in Bukit Lawang. You will have time to breakfast and have bid relax in our place/Guesthouse.
9:30 am Start the journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans and thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks, monitor lizards and other.
On the trek our guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser, and teach you about the local trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
12:30 am – Stop for break time in the jungle, the guide will preparing fruit for you, such as pineapple, passion fruit, bananas, rambutan and other (Depending of season). And for lunch. Typically fried rice, which we bring from the village.
13:00 pm: continue trekking, Sporting orangutans and other wildlife.
15 pm: board the jungle raft down the Bohorok river back to the village Bukit Lawang – around 1 hour (option: walk back instead).
16 pm: End of the trek arrive in Bukit Lawang. You have time to relax enjoy and shower at our place before travel back to Medan.
17 pm: Drive back to Medan Hotel/airport.
Price : 90 Euros/person minimum 2 persons.
Return Air-con transport, Guide fee, meals (lunch, fruit), entrence fee to gunung leuser national park.
Excludes : Dinner, your personal items.
What to bring during the trek:
- A small backpack with raincoat, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery , insect repellent, sunblock.
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- a 1.5L bottle of water for each person.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.
- You have a choice for your return down the river to go by raft or by walking.
- We can drive you back any part of Medan, including the airport, if your flight is later than 8pm.
- We can also drive you on to Berastagi, or Lake Toba, at additional cost.