Day 01 :
After breakfast, Our guide will pick up you at 8.30am from your guesthouse/ Hotel in Bukit Lawang and you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-your guide will select a suitable spot next to a small river in the depths of the forest (Perbatasan) to set-up camp. Spend your free time swimming, helping to prepare dinner or even learning some jungle skills. Before settling down to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and river.
Day 02 :
Continue your adventure into the jungle, spotting wildlife throughout the day and learning more about orangutans (their behaviour, lifestyle and social skills). Camp deep in the jungle at Jamur Batu Atas, a short walk from a waterfall with a deep pool where you can relax and refresh yourself after a day of trekking.
Day 03 :
Trek 500 metres to reach the summit of the mountain. After enjoying the views, you will head deeper into the forest of Gunung Leuser National Park, experiencing the beauty of the dense forest and the wildlife that inhabits it. Camp for the night will be next to the Bohorok river (Ekor) where you are free to relax, swim or even go fishing. After dinner, weather permitting, our team will prepare a bonfire and the guides will entertain you with their jungle skills, games and songs before you settle down to sleep.
Conclude your adventure with a short trek, before rafting ‘jungle style’ down the Bohorok river to the village (Bukit Lawang), passing beautiful green hills stretching alongside the river. If you’re lucky, you may also spot groups of monkeys in the trees, monitor lizards and much more.
Price : 155 Euros per persons minimum 2 person.
Guide fee, meals (day 1-lunch,dinner, fruit, days 2 and 3-breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit, day 4-breakfast, lunch, fruit), all equipment (tent, roll mat, sleeping bag), , and traditional tube rafting back during the trek.entrence fee to gunung leuser national park
What to bring :
- A small backpack with clothes, raincoat, swimwear, small towel, small pillow, personal items, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery + memory card (in a waterproof bag), insect repellent, sunblock, torch, plastic bag (to put wet clothes in), sandals/flip flops (to walk around the camp).
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- ,one bottle of big water 1,5 liter & the guide will refill at the camp with boiled water.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Although nights can be cold in the jungle. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.
* 1 person-Please contact us. Where possible, we will place you with other groups to make sure you do not miss out.