After breakfast, our guide will pick up you at 9.00am from your guesthouse/Hotel in Bukit Lawang and you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-your guide will select a suitable spot next to the river to set-up camp. You are then free to enjoy the fresh water of the Bohorok river, swim, help prepare dinner, or even go fishing. After dinner, weather permitting, our team will prepare a bonfire and the guides will entertain you with their jungle skills, games and songs before you settle down to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and river.
Continue your jungle adventure, spotting wildlife. After 2-3 hours, your guide will take you to a waterfall where you can swim and relax. After lunch, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village Bukit Lawang and directly to your guesthouse/Hotel.
Price : 85 Euros/person.
Guide fee, meals (day 1-lunch, dinner, fruit, day 2-breakfast, lunch, fruit), all equipment (tent, roll mat, sleeping bag), , and traditional tube rafting back during the trek.entrence fee to gunung leuser national park
What to bring :
- A small backpack with a change of clothes, raincoat, swimwear, small towel, small pillow, personal items, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery + memory card (in a waterproof bag), insect repellent, sunblock, torch, plastic bag (to put wet clothes in), sandals/flip flops (to walk around the camp).
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- , the guide will refill at the camp with boiled water.
- Clothing: long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Although nights can be cold in the jungle. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.
- one bottle of big water 1.5 liter